Parking on Folly Beach
The City of Folly Beach welcomes you to our beautiful community. We hope your visit will be fun for you and your family and that you will visit again. There is one thing you can do which will help make your visit more enjoyable and prevent you or members of your family from being ticketed by the Department of Public Safety.
A new parking website will be launched on May 1st with detailed information on the City’s parking program. www.parkfollybeach.org.
If you need assistance, please call 843-580-0423, 24-hours a day.
READ THE FOLLOWING PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS as they are strictly enforced.
- No parking on the roadway. All four tires must be off the road. If white lines are painted, tires must be outside the white line.
- No parking against traffic. All vehicles must park with the flow of traffic.
- No parking in a crosswalk.
- No parking within 20 feet of an intersection.
- No parking within 30 feet of a stop sign, traffic control signal, or any flashing signal.
- No parking on sidewalks.
- No blocking public or private driveways.
- No parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- No stopping, standing, or parking in a roadway.
- No diagonal parking unless posted. All parking must be parallel to the roadway.
- No parking on dunes or revetments.
- No parking in ADA accessible parking spaces unless visible ADA license tag or visible permit on the vehicle.
- No parking on yellow curbs or within areas marked by yellow or red street lines.
- No parking behind yellow lines.