The Annual City of Folly Beach Christmas Parade is a unique opportunity to participate in a community holiday event as citizens, visitors, and locals line up along Center Street while floats, marching bands, and community associations show their holiday spirit.
There is only one Santa, and he rides on a fire truck at the end of the parade! It is confusing to small children to see more than one Santa riding on floats; therefore, no one may dress as Santa on your float or in your vehicle.
The following guidelines help ensure the quality and safety of the parade and allow as many organizations as possible the opportunity to participate. Read carefully and abide by the rules!
1. Each entrant is allowed a maximum of three units, indicated on the registration form.
2. All entries must have a designated candy distributor—no throwing candy/items.
3. All entries, including golf carts and cars, must be decorated in the spirit of the event. Please consider the environment when decorating.
4. All entries must stage on West Arctic, near the starting point at West Ashley and 2nd.
5. All entrants must display the float number and organization name on the front left of each entry for visibility by the judges staged at City Hall.
6. No swerving of floats or motorized vehicles. Stay in the center of the parade route—no drinking alcohol by any participants.
7. Floats riders cannot get on and off during the parade at any time, nor can floats be stopped along the route.
8. All entries with children must have adults riding/walking with them throughout the entire event.
9. Walkers alongside vehicles must walk at least 10 feet from the side of the vehicle.
10. Use of fire or open flames are not permitted.
11. Firearms, real or replicas, are not permitted.
12. ALL wheels of motorized vehicles MUST always keep in contact with the ground. Anyone doing wheelies will be pulled from the parade immediately.
13. Each motorized vehicle must carry liability insurance and be operated by a licensed driver.
14. No one will be allowed to ride on the hood or roof of any vehicle.
15. No political campaigning is allowed on entries in the parade.
16. The undersigned agrees that all participants may be photographed or videotaped, and these images may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the event.