2021 Folly Beach Christmas Parade Application The deadline to apply is Friday, November 19th.
The City of Folly Beach invites you to participate in the 31st Annual Folly Beach Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 11, at noon. This Folly Beach tradition we missed last year will feature local celebrities and dignitaries, marching and string bands, dance troupes, floats, antique cars, and much more! We are limiting the number of entries this year, so please submit your parade application as soon as possible for your first-come, first-serve opportunity.
Registration Fee: Toys for Tot Donation
Prize Categories: Most Original, Most Sustainable, Best Spirit of the Season, Best Band/Music Group
Application Deadline: Friday, November 19
For safety reasons, NO throwing candy.
*COVID Safety Tips
- Practice social distancing
- Masks recommended when distance is not possible
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at all portable toilet areas; port-o-lets will be sanitized frequently
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands
- COVER all coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if sick.
The City is partnering with Charleston Surfrider to promote sustainability efforts on our tiny island. Please read this message from Charleston Surfrider:
This holiday season, we are encouraging spectators and parade participants to go GREEN during this wonderful time! Help us keep our beautiful Folly clean during the Christmas parade by:
- Using eco-friendly float materials (no single-use plastic, think paper materials) and making sure all materials are fully secured. Try to use repurposed materials as much as you can!
- Buy candy not individually wrapped in single-use plastic. Look for candy that is sold in mini boxes, wrapped in aluminum or pass out something besides candy that can biodegrade (fruit). Opt out on passing something out and let your presence give them the cheer!
- If you are going to pass something out, hand it instead of tossing it. This will greatly help reduce the amount of wasted candy litter in Center Street.
Let’s make Santa proud!